Checkers Buttery Steakburger Review:
Price Paid: $1.99 | Company: Checkers/Rally’s
Checkers introduced this burger not too long ago, so I figured I would try it out. I was pleasantly surprised by this burger, in taste and value.
I wouldn’t wait too long to eat this burger, might even be best eating it there. Due to the amount of butter they add, the bun is going to get soggy. Nice bun, nice toast on it, however it becomes a bit of a grease sponge. My onion rings were a little soggy (might have been from the drive home). The build includes:
- Onion rings
- Pilly steak meat
- white American cheese
- Beef patty
Not the prettiest looking burger but the flavor pulls through. If you like pilly cheesesteak, you might also like this. The amount of butter however, I think is a little unnecessary… I happen to like Checkers beef and I don’t think it needs all those extra calories. The cheese ties everything together in a nice way. I don’t taste or get any texture from the onion rings.
I paid $1.99 for the buttery steakburger. I think the value is there, the filling factor is huge at almost 700 calories apiece.
ValueGrub Rating: (8.9 / 10)
690 calories (29 calories per gram of protein). This burger, although good is a complete calorie bomb. There isn’t much I could cut from the burger to help reduce the calories and fat. You can cut the cheese and the onion rings, but that will only save you maybe 150 calories, total. I’m afraid the way this burger is cooked and the meat they use, is the problem. I would guess this burger to be over 690 calories, maybe more toward 800.
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet:
– You can eat 3 buttery steakburgers, per day.
– You will reach 22 grams of suggested saturated fat in 843 calories or 1 1/4 buttery steakburgers.
– You will reach 300mg of suggested cholesterol in 4 2/3 buttery steakburgers.
Latest posts by Kevin O (see all)
- Wendy’s $3 Breakfast Deal (Croissant & Small Seasoned Potatoes) - November 17, 2022
- Burger King 2 for $5 Mix n’ Match Deal - October 20, 2020
- Taco Bell 50% Off Nachos Party Pack - October 16, 2020